Conditions of Ticketing and Entry to Trentham
1. Tickets to the Course are issued by Wellington Racing Club (WRC) & or their ticketing agent. By entering the Course or receiving a ticket for entry to the Course, you are deemed to have accepted, and understood as binding on you, these conditions and any accompanying risks, obligations and responsibilities. It is your responsibility to read and inform yourself of these conditions.
2. If you enter the Course, there is a possibility of an accident causing injury, death or property damage or loss, and you need to be aware that such risks exist. The risks associated with entry to the Course include, but are not limited to, the risk of suffering injury, harm or loss as a result of: temporary structures (such as umbrellas, marquees and gazebos), parts thereof or other debris being dislodged by wind coming into contact with persons, vehicles or structures; incidents involving movement of horses (such as where horses jump or breach fences, railings, barriers or break free – whether being led or ridden or in their stalls – and come into contact with persons, vehicles or structures) or vehicles; or harmful acts (whether intentional or inadvertent) committed by persons (such as intoxicated persons) present at the Course.
3. Some areas of the Course are exposed to weather, including direct sunlight and heat, hail, rain and wind. WRC does not guarantee that there will be sufficient room for you to obtain shelter from such weather.
4. Whilst at the Course, you are responsible for your own property. You must not leave bags or possessions unattended at any time. There are no cloaking facilities at the Course for items which are not permitted to be brought into the Course.
5. If you breach these conditions, or WRC (with reasonable cause) so directs, you may: be refused entry to the Course; be evicted from the Course; have your ticket confiscated or cancelled without refund; or be reported to an appropriate law enforcement body. This clause does not limit the right available to WRC under these conditions or otherwise at law.
6. You must comply with any reasonable directions given to by WRC. WRC or a person authorised by WRC may at any time, inspect any vehicle, bag, basket or other receptacle or require you to turn out your pockets.
7. If you become aware of any incidents, matters or circumstances in contravention of these conditions, or if you have any issues that you wish to bring to WRC’s attention, you may call WRC on (04) 528 9611. You should do this as soon as possible so as to assist WRC to provide you with a helpful response.
8. The schedule for an Event (whether published or otherwise) and its proposed format are only provisional and subject to change due to adverse weather conditions or other reasons. WRC reserves the right to cancel, postpone or relocate Events, change which participants are in an Event or the format of or any other element of an Event or which Events take place on a particular day or the schedule of Events for that day, or arrange a substitute Event. There is no guarantee of viewing any planned participant in an Event or of viewing any particular Event. Subject to any right of a refund or exchange under clause 5 below, WRC is not liable to you for any losses, costs or damage you suffer or incur as a result of any cancellation, postponement or relocation of an Event, any changes as to which participants are in an Event or in the format of or any other element of an Event or as to which Events take place on a particular day or in the schedule of Events for that day, or the arrangement of a substitute Event.
1. You acknowledge that WRC and third parties authorised by WRC may photograph, film, videotape, record or otherwise reproduce the image and / or voice of any person who enters the Course and use the same for any purposes (including promotional) without payment to any person
1. WRC makes no representation or guarantee that there is space available in any particular viewing area within the Course, or that there will be space in any viewing area to allow you to view any particular Event.
2. Tickets to the Course must not, without prior written consent of WRC, be offered for resale (by any means), resold or packaged or used for advertising, promotion or other commercial purposes. If a ticket has been sold or used in breach of these conditions, the bearer of the ticket may be denied admission, and other action may be taken, without refund.
3. If you obtained your ticket other than from WRC or an authorised ticket agency or reseller, your ticket may be counterfeit, or which has been reported lost or stolen, you may be refused entry. WRC is not obligated to replace tickets under any circumstances, including (but not limited to) loss or theft. WRC reserved the right, however, to replace a ticket which has been lost or stolen and charge a fee for that replacement, at its sole discretion.
4. If you are requested by WRC, or a person authorised by WRC, you must produce your ticket for inspection. Tickets which are unreadable due to mutilation or damage of any kind may not be accepted. Should you fail to produce your ticket, WRC retains the right to remove you from the Course.
5. No refunds will be offered unless the race day is abandoned in its entirety.
1. While present at the Course, you must comply with all relevant laws and any published policies of WRC relating to liquor.
2. If you bring children into the Course, you are responsible for the care, conduct and supervision of those children at all times. You are responsible for any acts or omissions committed by children whom you have brought to the Course.
3. You must not, without the express authorisation of WRC, enter the racetrack itself or stalls or any area where the movement of horses occur or any area of the Course where persons including ticket holders are prohibited to enter (as indicated by fencing, cordons, locked doors, signage or otherwise). If you do so you may be expelled from the Course, banned from attending the Course in the future and subject to legal action.
4. For the comfort and safety of persons at the Course, you are not permitted to bring into the Course (or have in your possession at the Course) any of the following without consent: alcoholic beverages on any day; any structure or item larger than 3m x 3m (management reserves the right to restrict placement at their discretion) ; any dangerous goods or weapons; any animals (other than, if the person is deaf, blind or otherwise suffering a disability, a guide dog); any flags, banners or other bearing the logo of any other than our appointed sponsors. These will be confiscated at admission or at the site of erection.; any item that you intend (or such quantities of the item from which WRC can reasonably infer that you intend) to distribute, hawk, sell, offer or expose for sale; any object, device or substance that may be used to deface or damage any part of the Course
5. Unless authorised beforehand by WRC in writing, you must not, while at the Course: post, stick or place or attempt to post, stick or place any poster, placard, bill, banner, print, paper or any advertising material on any building, fence or other structure; distribute any printed or visual matter or distribute, display or promote any advertising or promotional material or samples of goods or services; distribute, hawk, sell, offer or expose for sale any goods or services or solicit or collect subscriptions, donations, money or orders from persons present at the Course; throw or attempt to throw any bottle or other projectile; disrupt, interrupt or behave in any matter that may disrupt or interrupt any Event, distract, hinder or interfere with a participant in an Event or interfere with the comfort of other persons at the Course
6. WRC or persons authorised by WRC may, in their sole discretion, prevent you from entering the Course or evict you from the Course, if WRC or persons authorised by WRC reasonably believe that you are under the influence of alcohol or drugs. You agree that this clause does not obligate WRC to undertake any monitoring or compliance methods to ensure that persons present at the Course are not intoxicated, and WRC will not be responsible for the conduct of intoxicated persons who are present at the Course, or persons who become intoxicated at the Course, nor for any damage or injury caused by such persons. This clause does not seek to exclude any legal responsibilities that WRC or persons authorised by WRC may have in relation to the responsible service of alcohol at the Course.
BYO Policy click here
Members Draw Terms and Conditions
1. The members draw will be for a Cash prize specified by the Club should the member successfully select 4 winners on the Raceday subject to the following Term’s and Conditions.
2. Members must scan or sign in in on arrival at the course to be eligible to enter.
3. Winning Member drawn after a specified race (ie Race 2.)
4. Confirmation of Identity required.
5. Member must make selections on 4 of the Races Chosen only.
6. Races chosen are final, the member must choose 4 selections out of the selected races. Decision on Races and the number of is the sole responsibility of the Club.
7. The 4 winners must be finalised 15 minutes before the first chosen race.
8. There can be no change to the selections once finalised.
9. If any of the members selections are late scratched after finalisation the return will be subject to the following calculation – Cash Return/ Late Scratching Price.
10. If any Non Selected Late Scratching’s occur after finalisation of Selections in any race, this will result in a reduction of final cash prize by the following Calculation - 80/ (RBP x Odds) – See note 1
11. Dead Heats will result in a reduction of final Cash Prize by 50% for each Dead Heat occurrence.
12. In the case of a full Abandonment before the any of the selected events the member will receive $250, in a partial abandonment the member will receive a collect via the following formula ( $(Club nominated prize value) /the price of selection of any abandoned races)
FINAL FIELD DEDUCTION FORMULA
The nearest whole number percentage, using Swiss Rounding, obtained by Dividing 80 by the product of the number of RBPs multiplied by the Odds for the Race Entrant at the time it was scratched from a Race, provided the Odds are less than or equal to Maximum Deduction Odds = 80/(RBPs x Odds) (Rounded to nearest whole number).
Maximum Deduction Odds shall be $35.00
Example: Where a Race Entrant paying $5.00 to Win and $1.33 for a place (3 RBPs) is Scratched, the Return on successful Final Field Win Bets placed prior to that Scratching will be subject to a deduction of 16% (80/(1x5)).
Successful Final Field Place Bets will be subject to a deduction of 20% (80/(3x1.33)).